Dr Ehsan Kheradpezhouh
I am a research fellow at the Eccles Institute of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, the Australian National University. I studied medicine in Shiraz University and received my PhD in Physiology from the Adelaide University in 2015. My research has focused on the physiological and pathological role of transient receptor potential channels (TRPs) in the mammalian cortex. TRPs comprise a superfamily of nonselective cation channels that are well preserved throughout evolution and across species. Recently, my research identified high expression of TRP Ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) in rodent cortical neurons. Currently, I combine in vivo and in vitro electrophysiology, two-photon calcium imaging, and behavioural assays to investigate how TRPA1 modulates sensory processing in rodent cortex across modalities of whisker-touch and vision.
I am interested in studying the physiological and pathological role of Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) channels in rodent cortex.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Mishra, W & Arabzadeh, E 2021, 'A protocol for simultaneous in vivo juxtacellular electrophysiology and local pharmacological manipulation in mouse cortex', STAR Protocols, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-13.
- Lee, C, Kheradpezhouh, E, Diamond, M et al. 2020, 'State-Dependent Changes in Perception and Coding in the Mouse Somatosensory Cortex', Cell Reports, vol. 32, no. 13, pp. 1-15.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Tang, M, Mattingley, J et al. 2020, 'Enhanced Sensory Coding in Mouse Vibrissal and Visual Cortex through TRPA1', Cell Reports, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 1-18.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Choy, J, Arabzadeh, E et al. 2019, 'Localized two-photon photoswitching of Optovin in rat cortical neurons', Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, vol. 52, no. 25, pp. 1-7.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Zhou, F, Barritt, G et al 2018, 'Oxidative stress promotes redistribution of TRPM2 channels to the plasma membrane in hepatocytes', Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 503, no. 3, pp. 1891-1896pp.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Choy, J, Daria, V et al. 2017, 'TRPA1 expression and its functional activation in rodent cortex', Open Biology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 160314-160314.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Adibi, M & Arabzadeh, E 2017, 'Response dynamics of rat barrel cortex neurons to repeated sensory stimulation', Scientific Reports, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 11445 (10pp).
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Barritt, G & Rychkov, G 2016, 'Curcumin inhibits activation of TRPM2 channels in rat hepatocytes', Redox Biology, vol. 7, pp. 1-7pp.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Ma, L, Morphett, A, Barritt, G et al 2014, 'TRPM2 channels mediate acetaminophen-induced liver damage', PNAS - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 111, pp. 3176-3818.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Panjehshahin, M, Miri, R et al 2010, 'Curcumin protects rats against acetaminophen-induced hepatorenal damages and shows synergistic activity with N-acetyl cysteine', European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 628, no. 1-3, pp. 274-281.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Miri, R, Motevaselian, M et al 2009, 'Effect of cimetidine on antinociceptive properties of Morphine in Mice', Journal of Applied Animal Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 129-132.
- Kheradpezhouh, E, Miri, R, Noorafshan, A et al 2008, 'A New Method of Brain Staining with Triphenyltetrazolium Chloride to Determine Infarct Size in Rats', Journal of Applied Animal Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 149-152.