Cancer Metabolism & Genetics
Dr Anneke Blackburn has been awarded the 2014 John James Foundation Tony Ayers Prize. This prize has been established by the John James Foundation for Excellence in Research in Translational Medicine at the ANU College of Medicine, Biology and Environment in honour of their long term Board member Mr Tony Ayers AC. Pictured: Professor Kiaran Kirk, Dr Anneke Blackburn & Professor Paul Smith
Cancer Metabolism and Dichloroacetate
- Gang, BP, Hogg, PJ, Dilda, PJ, and Blackburn, AC. 2014 Targeting of two aspects of metabolism in breast cancer treatment. Cancer Biology and Therapy
- Sun, RC, Board, PG, Blackburn, AC., 2011 Targeting metabolism with arsenic trioxide and dichloroacetate in breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer10:142.
- Sun, RC, Fadia, M, Dahlstrom, JE,Parish, CR, Board, PG, Blackburn, AC., 2010 Reversal of the glycolytic phenotype by dichloroacetate inhibits metastatic breast cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 120:253-260.
- Theodoratos, A, Blackburn, AC, Cappello, J, Tummala, P, Dahlstrom, JE, Board, PG., 2012 Dichloroacetic acid up-regulates hepatic glutathione synthesis via the induction of glutamate-cysteine ligase.Biochem Pharmacol 83:427-33.
Breast Cancer Genetics
- Blackburn, AC, Jerry, DJ., 2011 Map making in the 21st century: charting breast cancer susceptibility pathways in rodent models. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 16:57-64.
- Blackburn, AC., 2011 Rats: gnawing through the barriers to understanding genetic susceptibility and breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 13:112.
- Tchatchou, S, Riedel, A, Lyer, S, Schmutzhard, J, Strobel-Freidekind, O, Gronert-Sum, S, Mietag, C, D‘Amato, M, Hemminki, K, Sutter, C, Ditsch, N, Blackburn, A, Hill, LZ, Jerry, DJ, Bugert, P, Weber, BH, Niederacher, D, Arnold, N, Varon-Mateeva, R, Wappen- schmidt, B, Schmutzler, RK, Meindl, A, Bartram, CR, Mollenhauer, J, and Burwinkel, B., 2010 Identification of a DMBT1 polymorphism associated with increased breast cancer risk and decreased promoter activity. Hum Mutatation 31:60-66.
- Blackburn, AC, Hill, LZ, Roberts, AL, Wang, J, Aud, D, Jung, J, Nikolcheva, T, Allard, J, Peltz, G, Otis, CN, Cao, QJ, Ricketts, RSJ, Naber, SP, Mollenhauer, J, Poustka, A, Malamud, D, Jerry, DJ., 2007Genetic mapping in mice identifies DMBT1 as a candidate modifier of mammary tumors and breast cancer risk. American Journal of Pathology 170:2030-2041.
- Theodoratos, A, Blackburn, AC, Coggan, M, Cappello, J, Larter, CZ, Matthaei, KI, Board, PG., 2012, The impact of glutathione transferase kappa deficiency on adiponectin multimerisation in vivo. Int J Obes (Lond) 36(10):1366-9.
- Blackburn, AC, Coggan, M, Shield, AJ, Cappello, J, Theodoratos, A, Murray, TP, Rooke, M, Larter, CZ, Koina, ME, Dahlstrom, JE, Matthaei, KI, Board, PG., 2011 Glutathione transferase kappa deficiency causes glomerular nephropathy without overt oxidative stress. Lab Invest91:1572-83.