The JCSMR provides funds for HDR students to travel to conferences and workshops. The funds are to be used to support the academic and professional development of the student and can be used for one, or for multiple activities. The current allowance is $3000 for PhD, and $1500 for MPhil students during the course of their degree.
- The conference/workshop/course must occur while the candidate is a student enrolled at JCSMR: this includes the period following thesis submission before the degree has been awarded.
- Funds can be used for domestic and/or international conferences/workshops/or courses.
- The conference/workshop/course attendance must be approved by the Chair of the Supervisory Panel.
- For conference attendance, the student must provide evidence that they are presenting a poster or talk at the conference.
- For workshop/course attendance, the student should provide a short statement outlining the benefits of their attendance to their HDR program.
- Application for use of the funds is by completing the attached form.
- The Associate Director(Education), Dr Anna Cowan, must approve funding before the travel is undertaken.
- Once approved, the form should be uploaded to your application through the ANU Travel Manager System